Thursday, February 21, 2013

A Trip to Rexburg

I do not like traveling.

Over the years, I feel that I've gotten increasingly pessimistic, even though the quality of trips is a little better. I'm no longer in a van with 10 other people who throw up a lot, constantly whine, and have to stop every 2 hours. My kids are pretty decent travelers so far, and our trip takes half as long as one to NH, but I still hate traveling.

But I do it anyway.

I stress out way too much in order to go have a nice, relaxing vacation with family. It's always enjoyable to spend time with them, but this past time I was really sleep-deprived the whole time. I couldn't seem to get more than 6 hours, no matter what I tried. I pretty much lazed around the whole time, which makes me feel rather useless as a human being. Perhaps I should plan to DO some stuff. I have a hard time just doing nothing! However, I did spend a lot of time practicing on a real piano. My keyboard serves me very well, but I definitely hope to have a piano one day...

James and I had a great Valentine's Day. We did one date at home, which was kind of funny. We wanted to eat a candlelit dinner after the kids were in bed, so we ate with them and weren't actually hungry when it was time for our dinner (but ate it anyway since it was delicious!). Then, we both fell asleep during our movie. Oops. We did a dinner date in Rexburg, which was really nice. James got me a few kitchen items, roses, and candy. He always spends too much on me, so I can't complain.

James went shooting and airsofting with his brothers (and my brother as well). We had a nice family dinner all together on Sunday with the Lees. We were going to visit the Head grandparents, but the van broke down on the way, so we didn't end up going. That was a bit of a bummer.

I had a lot of fun on this trip just hanging out and talking, especially to my sister-in-law. I can't wait to be an aunt this year, finally!

So yes, getting there and back was a pain, and now I have a bit of a cold, but life has now resumed to mostly normal. We got our tax return money, so we're going to order our new Chromebook today! I'm pretty excited, because I'm going to get a few other things as well. I've already spoiled my boys with a couple of Usborne books (from a book party I went to) that I know they're going to love. I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment