Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Exciting News

I can hardly believe it. School is out for the summer, so James has a big load off his chest: first year of teaching, done! He starts working concrete with a guy in the ward tomorrow, but we've been enjoying the past few days off.

Friday we went to look at a few more houses. I think that brought us up to 8. We loved one that was in Maeser, but our agent said it already had an offer on it and was in counteroffer. On the way to see one last house, we said a quick prayer if making an offer was the right thing to do, because that house seemed perfect. We felt good about it, so we made an offer, not really thinking it would go through. It did! We actually found out on Saturday. It's a huge step to buy a house, but it's not as hard as I thought it would be. A quick description of the house: 3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, located 5 miles out of town. We can probably move in at the end of June, and we couldn't be more excited. I will write more about it later when I can show some pictures. :)

Saturday I was feeling really tired, so we lazed around and didn't do much (aside from buying groceries). It was a good day. Yesterday we cooked foil dinners in a nice spot we found about 30 minutes from here. It was gorgeous, and the dinners were delicious. We shot the BB gun a little while we were waiting. I forgot how much I love foil dinners! We also had some roasted corn on the cob. The boys got filthy from playing in the dirt, but they had a great time.

James and I took a little breakfast date this morning. It was 10:00, so I was famished. He still ended up finishing my plate. We then went to the ultrasound where we found out that we're having a GIRL! We have a couple of names floating around but aren't totally sure yet. That means it's yard sale time for me. I'm going every single week until I have everything I need for baby girl, because so far I have no clothes for her. Girl clothes are really easy to find, though, and I can't wait to start stocking up this weekend. :)

My garden is growing! There are little green sprouts in 3 of 5 buckets. I don't remember what they are, but I think the tomatoes probably haven't sprouted yet but the cucumbers, squash, and peas have. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Thankfully, the neighbor boy has left them alone. That punk.
playing in the "spaceship"

fun in the dirt

throwing rocks in the water

Look at those grimy feet!

4 comments:

  1. I get grossed out by Victoria's feet when they turn black, mostly since she doesn't go outside barefoot so it must be from my dirty floors inside so what a guilt trip. She says owee when she gets breadcrumbs stuck on her feet and asks to have them wiped clean during diaper changes.

    What I really wanted to say is this: CONGRATS ON YOUR BABY GIRL and good luck at the yard sales. I'm impressed with how thrifty you are and the care you take with your family! Maybe we'll be neighbors someday and you can teach me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so excited for you guys!!! Buying a house can be stressful, but soo worth it and with rates so low it's a great time! I'm also excited for you guys to be having a baby girl. I'm sure she'll be adorable just like your boys are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've loved following the work you guys did on yours. I am really impressed by how awesome it looks!

      Delete