Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Busy Week

It's been a crazy week so far.

1. Yard work. We've made lots of progress, and it's really starting to look good (though half done in the part we're moving the rocks from).

2. Projects. I have a whole list of things inside the house that I've neglected, but now that Katie sleeps predictably and goes to bed at a decent hour, no more excuses!

3. Temple. I did baptisms for 7 family names. One is an aunt who died last year. (Well, great-aunt, and she was 95!) I and one other girl were the only ones there. It was pretty nice to get VIP treatment.

4. Fun date. I picked up some really random things that I've never eaten so James and I could try them. We played a game where we had to guess their names and country of origin. It was tough! I had bought a few lychees, a beet, some chili paste (sambal oelek), a chayote squash, a kohlrabi, and a parsnip. We enjoyed the lychees (those spiky ball things, which taste somewhat like grapes) and the parsnip, which has a very unique taste. I can't wait to try the rest! They're waiting in my fridge. There are still a few things at the grocery store I have yet to try. I like pretty much any produce, so bring it on.

5. Work. By work, I mean me helping out my visiting teacher. She has a second job cleaning trailers (she's a single mom and works super hard!), so I'm helping her out for 2-2.5 hours once a week for the summer. It's a tough, disgusting job, but I do get paid a little bit. It's the first time I've earned anything since 2009, but I'm not doing it for the money, since I won't earn much more then $100. I tolerate it. It makes my house look really clean in comparison.

6. Babysitting. Tomorrow, I will have 4 additional kids from 12-5. It should be an adventure. Their family is going to babysit our kids when we have a sealing assignment at the temple next week.

7. Library. We've been doing the summer reading program, and there is an activity every Thursday. The boys love it, so we're going tomorrow.

8. Katniss is used to our house. She is a very low-maintenance cat - my favorite kind of pet! Occasionally she meows outside our door when we're trying to sleep, but her previous owner let her sleep on the bed. Not happening in this house!

9. I have a tan!

10. I reached my 2nd weight loss goal! I have 8.7 lbs. left to get to my last goal.

11. And shopping. That's nothing new, but it does take a chunk out of my day! I've been trying to spend one-on-one time with Joseph, so taking him with me has really helped. I loved going to the grocery store with my mom when I was little, so I'm glad he is the same way. He provides hilarious commentary.

Thank goodness that's it! :)

1 comment:

  1. I like hearing about your adventures in the produce section. I'm glad you're progressing and reaching so many of your goals. You're an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete