Thursday, February 11, 2016

Baptism

We took a sort of last-minute trip to Idaho for James's brother's baptism. I wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not, not because of seeing people, but because I've been feeling stressed out and grumpy. It was a pretty good trip. We left Friday after school and picked up Anna on the way.

Saturday was the baptism. It was a nice service, even though it felt like sitting through sacrament meeting with the kids. My boys and their uncle Joseph sang the closing song, "I'll Stand Tall" and did a great job! Kenny starting singing during the intro, but he started over with the other boys and did a great job. Katie ran up right at the end yelling, "My turn!" since she loves to be the center of attention. It was really cute.

We had a luncheon right after and dinner with the Lees. All afternoon we pretty much sat around and ate Milano cookies. Those things are addicting. We stopped in at Cabela's in I.F. after the dinner, but it was small and pretty disappointing.

Sunday was church, then dinner (finally!) with Christian and Rachel. It was Fast Sunday, so it was a long day. The only way I make it through is to sleep through part of it.

We headed home on Monday and got back into the swing of things. It's never fun to go shopping at night or do mountains of laundry, but I'm all caught up now. The missionaries came over for dinner last night, and the kids were so cute. They answered all the questions correctly and paid attention.

This weekend is 4 days long. It would figure that it's a week after we go out of town and had to miss a day of school, but that's just how it works sometimes. I can't wait for my Valentine's date. I planned it!

No comments:

Post a Comment