Thursday, February 25, 2016

Thank You, Uncle Sam

Every year we get a pretty big tax return. To say it's a "return" is a misnomer because we don't make enough money to actually pay income tax. The amount given to us is for child credit (times 3) and earned income credit. So no, it's not our interest-free government savings account. Anyway, I am grateful for these returns. We generally have some needs like medical bills and car repairs that aren't possible to pay for on the monthly paycheck. The tax return helps us catch up. We then each get a small amount (usually about 2% of the return) to spend on whatever we want. The last of the state money came today, so I ordered myself a bunch of stuff on Amazon. Hooray! It feels good to not have a wish list anymore. What did I buy?

a few items for Asian cooking that I can't find anywhere in Vernal
supplies for latch hook rugs
a rotary cutter and mat
a digital thermometer with remote sensor and timer
a new grain mill (since I killed my other one :( )
a belt for my sewing machine
a phone case
rennet, so I can make my own cheese

I am so excited! It's like Christmas again!

1 comment:

  1. Hooray for a repaired sewing machine, replaced grain mill, and the success of another online shopping trip! What is rennet? I'm impressed that you're able to do what you do and do it well my frugal fellow homemaker. God bless!

    ReplyDelete