Sunday, February 21, 2016

Articles of Faith #1

I want to use social media for good and not just entertainment. To partly fulfill that purpose, I want to do a mini series on the Articles of Faith. When anyone asks what I believe, I recite those articles to them. I think they are the most succinct way to express what I believe as a Mormon. I will try to make these articles short as well. There is a lot more information at https://www.lds.org/ and some nice infographics on my Pinterest board. (I will add a lot more in the future.)

The 1st Article of Faith talks about the Godhead.We believe in God, the Eternal Father, and in His Son, Jesus Christ, and in the Holy Ghost.

I know that God, Jesus, and the Holy Ghost are separate people but function as one in purpose. Jesus is the literal Son of God who came to dwell among men and show them the way back to the Father. God loves each of his children and knows them by name. I can become like him. I am trying to have a personal relationship with my Father in Heaven through prayer. Knowing God blesses my life every day because I know who I am and where I'm going.




No comments:

Post a Comment