Thursday, January 5, 2017

Christmas Break, Pt. 2

We left Friday and headed home from Rexburg. First was a stop at IKEA in Draper to buy a couple of small dressers and an end table. We had gotten some Walmart gift cards from both my parents and Jacob, so I used those on groceries later and spent that amount of money at IKEA. We finally arrived home and put the kids to bed. I got everything unpacked.

Saturday, I cleaned out the car and went shopping. James started rearranging our room and even organized the shed so we can have less clutter (like bins of kids' clothes). I was too tired to help much on Saturday.

Sunday, it was really nice not to teach Primary. My kids did not behave too well during Sacrament meeting, so I especially enjoyed going to Sunday School and Relief Society. After church, I worked with James to figure out what we're going to get for our 6 months of basic food storage. It's the big gift from his parents this year, and I am really excited. Because of my food storage blog, I actually already know what we're getting. I just had to make a few minor tweaks.

Monday and Tuesday, we finished the organizing. I put together the 2 IKEA dressers, we took down Christmas decorations and put them all away, and James took everything out from under our bed and Katie's in preparation for storing the food. He did a great job organizing the shed, putting up hooks, and really clearing out our room to make it look better. I did the dresser swap, so one of the small ones went to Lewis, his big dresser to me, the same one for James, and the other small one for an extra. I am currently storing blankets for charity in it. We had a really fun FHE with the kids at the high school. We played with bubbles, flew airplanes on Google Earth, and played Spot It. My boys are better at that game than I am. We also went to Wendy's for sriracha fries and frosties. (I highly recommend the fries; they are delicious if you like cheesy and spicy together!)

Wednesday, school started. I finished dehydrating all the apples I got from Melodie and also made a pie. I've been working on my last quilt, a queen-sized denim one for charity. It's going well, though I admit I'm getting sick of sewing. Being done will completely clean out my craft supplies, so I can't make anything else even if I want to. I plan on starting to get things ready for Lewis and maybe being a little lazy...and hopeful that he will show up a few days early? (I won't hope for too much on that one.)

I've been a little sick. I got a cold right before we left for Rexburg, and I think it's now a sinus infection. It seems to be clearing up all right. No one else in my family is sick, so I'm blaming my suppressed immune system. For it being so snowy and cloudy since we got home, I actually feel pretty happy. I tried to do a little shoveling today, but I quit after 30 minutes because it was hurting my back. It also looks like it didn't do any good, because the snow hasn't stopped  yet. Oh well. I see the OB every week now. I've stopped caring about how much I weigh at this point. I will finish out this pregnancy with 35 lbs. gained, but that's not terrible considering how much stress eating I've done over the past 8 months.

Life is good. I can't wait to get this baby boy out. His movements aren't cute anymore; they're very uncomfortable. 3 1/2 weeks to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment