Monday, January 23, 2017

More Birthday/Heads Visit

Friday was day two of James's birthday celebrations. (I guess I'm too tired to cram everything into one day.) He chose a movie from Redbox, and we had snacks that I bought for him. I got fancy flavored pretzels and beef jerky, two things I never buy. I attended a baptism in the afternoon for one of my Primary kids.

Saturday was a family fun day. Since he got ammo and a sled, he took the kids sledding and went hunting. We've definitely got enough snow, probably about a foot accumulated.

Sunday was good and pretty normal. I love being in Relief Society again! I also love being able to talk to adults.

Mon. - Wed. were all kind of the same. We didn't do anything in particular that stands out. I'm starting to feel miserable because my stomach always seems upset and food doesn't taste as good. Still not sleeping well either...

Thursday, I too the kids with me to my doctor's appointment. No news there either. I'm not terribly worried, because nothing happened with Joseph until I actually went into labor. He is the only one that wasn't late so far.

James's mom, dad, and Anna and Joseph came to visit. I made dinner for everyone and then everyone went swimming at the hotel except for me. I attended my last self-reliance class. It was so sad, but I am ready to have a baby and wouldn't want to miss class (or take him with me). I finished my photo book from Shutterfly while everyone played a board game. (I'm just not much into board games, especially strategy games that take a long time. I get frustrated when I have to learn lots of rules, make a lot of effort, or think a lot to have fun. I do love word games like Scrabble.)

Friday was a great day. I got all the laundry done in the morning and went to the temple while Grandma, Uncle Joseph, and Kenny and Katie went to the dinosaur museum. We all got home in time to eat lunch together, and then I took a nap. Grandma, James, and the Josephs went ice skating in the afternoon. After my nap, I had the kids helps me put the baby swing together. After IKEA furniture, it was a piece of cake! We went out for dinner with James's parents to a really good Mexican place in town. The food comes on platters and is probably enough for 3 meals, but I managed to eat it all in 2. We watched a movie (the new version of Annie) after coming home.

Saturday, we ate breakfast and went swimming at the hotel. James's family had to leave after that, so we spent the the rest of the day doing absolutely nothing. It was great. Everyone needs a day like that once in a while.

Sunday was normal again, nothing to report.

Today I did 4 loads of laundry, mostly bedding, since I'm such an overachiever and do it once a month. (How does anyone have time to wash everything once a week?!) I've been grumpy, achy, and a little stressed, but I think I'm going to make it through another week. After all, I am due on Sunday! We'll see how the rest of the week goes. My prediction is lots more achiness, but no baby.

1 comment: