Thursday, January 12, 2017

Snowy Days/James's Birthday

Friday, James drove to Roosevelt to buy the first 6 months of our long-term food storage. While he was gone, I worked on my last queen denim quilt. He helped me tie it when he got home, and I decided to go ahead and finish it even though I stayed up until almost midnight.

Saturday, we ran some errands with the kids after putting the food storage under Katie's bed. They were exceptionally well-behaved, considering we went to 6 places. Pizza Hut was having a deal online, so I took Joseph to get his Book-It pizza and got some for us too for dinner.

Sunday was a good day. It is so nice to go to Sunday School and Relief Society! I had forgotten about the family history class that is offered every other week. It's fun to be in a small group setting.

We got tons of snow this week, pretty much Monday through today. They even had to come out and plow our road, which they don't normally do unless it gets really bad. James and Joseph have been doing a lot of shoveling. I tried one day but gave up because my back hurt too much.

I updated our food storage binder and worked on a few small crafts (knitting, friendship bracelets). A lady in my ward came to get the blankets to donate to the women's shelter. Since that cleared up a lot of space, I got out all the baby blankets, washed them, and put them away. Since I was already on a roll, I got out my regular clothes (which fit in my dresser along with my maternity stuff) and sorted through them. I am really ready to get this baby out. I feel achy and even more tired than I did a month ago. I can't seem to get much good sleep, and I am always too hot, even though every one else in my house is freezing. Oh well. Just a few more weeks to go. The dr. said I lost a pound in the previous week. I just laughed, because I think it's a fluke. (At least I am finally over my sinus infection, because I really couldn't taste anything, which was really annoying!)

Today is James's birthday! I made him grits, eggs, and sausage for breakfast. For dinner, he will get crab cakes (real crab, which is a big splurge), baked potatoes, and corn, with "better than sex" cake for dessert. (I've actually never eaten this particular cake, but I'm sure the name is exaggerated.) Presents will include a sled and ammo, which should make for a fun weekend.

I also have my next-to-last self-reliance class. How sad. I guess they can't go on forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment