Thursday, July 6, 2017

Rexburg and Anniversary

James got Friday off, so we traveled to Rexburg and got there in time for dinner despite all the traffic and road construction. We went out with his parents to a Mexican place in St. Anthony. It was yummy!

Saturday, James worked with his dad in Twin Falls and I helped Melodie set up a new computer. Mara and Carmel came over to see if my wedding dress fit Mara. It fit perfectly! We went to a wedding reception and then to the rodeo. We didn't stay the whole time because it was bedtime for the kids.

Sunday, the kids came over for dessert and stayed for a while to play games. It was pretty awesome. I'm so excited for Mara and Ricky.

Monday, we went to Victor to visit Grandma and Grandpa Head. We left mid-afternoon so James and I could get ready for our anniversary. We stayed at the same hotel as when we first got married. They accidentally overbooked the room we wanted, so we actually got a different theme room for half price. Since we saved over 100 bucks, we went out to fancy dinner at Applebee's. (Well, fancy for us!) They even gave us a free dessert.

We went to Fat Cats and played a few games of pool. I returned to feed Lewis, which was good because he wouldn't take a bottle. We then chilled at the hotel and watched some TV before turning in.

We met everyone, including my sisters, at the parade in Rexburg. After it was done, James and I (and my sisters) went to Walmart to say goodbye to Jacob and get a few treats. We then dropped off the girls, packed up, and headed out without the oldest 3. They get back today with Grandma and Grandpa. Based on the texts and pictures, Katie misses me the most.

We stopped by the BBQ at my relatives' house in Idaho Falls. It was really good to see everyone. James, Lewis, and I finally got back to Vernal around midnight. We'd hit some bad traffic because of various fireworks shows.

Wednesday was a work/catchup day. James and I decided to eat dinner out (again, oops) because there was no food in the house and I didn't get the shopping done till almost 6.

Today I mowed the lawn while carrying Lewis in a front pack. I have a piano lesson this afternoon and will meet James at the library right after. I think I'm finally caught up from the trip.

It's really weird how clean everything is. My laundry basket stayed empty for almost a whole day, and I haven't needed to vacuum at all. It's eerily quiet, though, and kind of lonely, so I'll be glad when the kids get back tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment