Thursday, July 27, 2017

Calm Week

I say calm because we didn't travel anywhere far! I still don't know where the last week went, really.

Oh wait, we did travel to Heber on Saturday for the Belcher Bash. It was a lot of fun. The Belchers are James's grandma's siblings (of which there are 8). They were all there, but most of their children and grandchildren (and great-grandchildren) didn't come. I don't know many of them super well since they are a little far removed, especially since I married into the family, but it's fun all the same.

James is really lucky to have so many relatives that he gets to see so often. I have never met most of my 2nd cousins, and the ones I have, it was one time.

Sunday was normal.

Monday, James had the day off for Pioneer Day! We went to the Scout breakfast, parade, and DUP museum to see if we could find anything belonging to the Belchers. (No luck.) I then took a nap at home while James took the kids out for a while. All in all, it was a pretty fun day.

Tuesday, we had to get a tire replaced on the Corolla, so went to McDonald's and let the kids play while we waited for the car. Too bad they couldn't fix it, but the location of the nail made it impossible.

Yesterday I took the kids to the dentist for the first time ever. I know, I know. Joseph had NO cavities, Kenny 4, and Katie 1. It will take 3 more appointments to take care of everything. Lucky me! Actually, I sat and talked with a lady who was waiting for her son, so the time flew by.

No date today, but I'm heading to the temple for a session. I finally fixed my dress where the zipper was getting caught. I don't feel very confident in my sewing abilities still, but I'm making progress. Too bad I was never interested as a girl/teen because my mom can sew anything and was right there to teach me. I just didn't take a lot of time to learn from her past the basics. I regret that.

Current goals: learn how to sew using a pattern. I have some for 18" (American girl) doll clothes that Melodie gave me as well as enough fabric and thread. It can't hurt if I mess up because I won't have paid a dime for any of the materials. That's my favorite way to sew. I have a pattern for Halloween costumes too. Maybe since Joseph doesn't get hand-me-downs, I can learn to sew costumes for him. We'll see.

Learn how to cook more stuff in the Instant Pot. So far, I love it! It makes incredible rice and soups. I haven't used all the functions yet, but I love that it's faster and I can just walk away while dinner's cooking and not heat up the house. I hope to adapt all my recipes (or all that are possible) to use in the IP.

I was feeling stuck in a rut for a while, but these new projects will help me stay focused and happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment