Thursday, January 25, 2018

Tender Mercies

I don't know if I'll have any truly happy posts until I've a) had the baby and b) recovered somewhat so I don't look totally horrible. I hate how I look right now.

Even through all the garbage of this week, there are always tender mercies.

Kenny threw up and had diarrhea Saturday night, but James and I just happened to stay up a little later and were there to help him clean up. Because of our callings, we were able to switch off with church and do everything we needed to. Kenny's recovery was very quick and he was able to return to school on Monday.

Monday, my babysitter did not show up so I could go to my doctor's appointment alone. However, I was able to keep myself together and gather Katie and Lewis. Lewis was completely happy and Katie was a big help in keeping him from escaping. It's a miracle because I didn't have any food or drink with me. I got to see my baby's heartbeat on the ultrasound and there is only one, despite Katie saying I was going to have twins. I always worry that my pregnancy test was wrong or that the baby will have died and I didn't know about it, so I'm glad that this was not the case. I get a little more paranoid each time. The boys were fine went I got home. (They went and got the babysitter because they didn't know I'd asked another neighbor to take care of them until I got home.)

Katie threw up this morning, but it was on the bathroom floor and very easy to clean up. I was able to find the motivation to get her room clean in time for our visitors tomorrow (Dad and Nash). She should be fine by tomorrow, and everyone else seems fine too, so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

Even with the tender mercies, it's still been a difficult week. I lack the motivation to do anything except eat junk food, and that doesn't even sound good sometimes. Things that normally make me happy just don't. I still get them done, so I'm not clinically depressed, but I definitely feel kind of complacent about doing anything with my life right now. I do exercise, but that's not going to change the fact that I started off 20 lbs. overweight, and 10 of that I could have lost while nursing.

Speaking of which, Lewis is mostly weaned! Tomorrow I drop down to two feedings, just morning and night. He is also officially walking at least as much as he is crawling. He looks so funny because he is a little tiny thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment