Thursday, January 18, 2018

Tired

James and I went out for his birthday (Friday) by going to the temple and then to dinner. We had German chocolate cake plus ice cream with the kids when we got home. It was delicious! I'm also really glad we went to the temple. I was supposed to go again this week but talked myself out of it because I was so tired. It's all too easy to make excuses.

I don't remember Saturday, but I think it was pretty relaxing. Sunday, I took Joseph to his baptism preview. It's really weird to think that will happen this year.

This whole week has been a struggle. I felt really sick on Monday. There was no school, so James helped me by taking the kids out for a hike so I could relax. I still felt really crummy even though I was just on the couch. Tuesday was a little better, but I still felt pretty awful. When I woke up feeling a lot better on Wednesday, I realized I'd probably had a virus because I've been feeling much better since then. I could barely eat anything because nothing sounded good. I'm glad that at least now I can eat somewhat normally without feeling like I'm going to throw up all the time.

I haven't worked on much of anything, projectwise, because I've been too tired to really focus. Thankfully, my sleep quality has improved somewhat. I wake up but am able to go back to sleep. I definitely need 9 hours in a day, just like with my other pregnancies.

Weaning Lewis is going well. He should be completely weaned right around his 1st birthday! I had stored a bunch of pumped milk in the freezer, so I've just been using that up. I'd like to think that I'll have more energy once I wean him, but I won't hope for too much because that wasn't the case when I weaned Kenny and was pregnant with Katie. Pregnancy is 1,000 times more draining than breastfeeding.

I don't know how I'm going to survive this year. One day at a time. I really hope I never have to do anything this physically demanding ever again. I can't think of anything more draining except maybe cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment