Thursday, April 12, 2018

The Week

Things are not really less busy, just different. It's really hard to remember at first thanks to pregnancy brain.

We had our normal family movie night on Friday and got pizza. We've been watching A Series of Unfortunate Events on Netflix. I always liked those books even though they're weird, and I think the series is well done.

Saturday, James looked around for parts for fixing our sprinkler system, but no luck. We just hung out the rest of the day.

Sunday, I went to a really good women's fireside called "No Grit, No Pearl". We all rode on a bus together so I didn't get home till almost 9. It was a really good message and made me feel more grateful for my life right now, even though I don't always appreciate the day-to-day.

Our FHE on Monday was with Cherissa and Tayson.

James had his mosquito abatement meeting on Tuesday, so he wasn't home all evening.

Yesterday, he went on the prison trip to Salt Lake and got home in time for dinner.

Today we get to go on a date! Since Jonah has been over 4x a week for the past few weeks (and probably the rest of the school year), we have a gift certificate to the really nice pizza place in town. So exciting! We can get whatever we want. Even with eating out, I usually go cheap.

My pain level has been much better this week, my bug bites are healed, and my cold is gone. My main issue now is feeling tired after I eat. I've been trying not to eat such big meals, but it's hard. I feel the baby kicking a lot. It's kind of cute but not as exciting as in the past. I don't understand how any pregnancy ever goes by quickly for anyone. I think each one goes by slower than the last. Oh well.

I finished making some memory quilt squares and am now working on reading a few books. We have family visiting for the next two weeks, so that will take a lot of my time and energy, and James starts mosquito abatement next week. He has to go to SLC this weekend for another meeting.

Life is pretty good even though it's busy. I'm glad the kids can play outside. The love taking Lewis out with them too, and it gives me some peace and quiet for a little while.

No comments:

Post a Comment