Thursday, April 5, 2018

Rexburg Trip, Spring Break

Though the trip went smoothly, it was far from easy. Why?

1. James got his wisdom teeth out, which added a lot of stress and several hours to the trip once we drove to South Jordan, waited for him during surgery, and got his prescriptions and food at Walgreen's. His acting weird would have been funny if the same kind of behavior had not preceded his Thanksgiving trip to the hospital.

2. I had to drive. I usually don't, and sitting in the same position made my tailbone hurt a lot.

3. Heartburn is here to stay. I have it during every pregnancy, but it still stinks to deal with it. Also, sciatic nerve pain is annoyingly persistent.

4. I got bitten by bedbugs, a first. They are itchy and only add to my other aches and pains.

5. James was out of it and in a lot of pain for the first 24-48 hours. I was too tired to really do anything either, so I felt really useless during the trip.

Good things about the trip:

1. James recovered pretty quickly despite a rough beginning.

2. I slept well and had no sciatic pain until returning home.

3. We got to dye eggs, do a hunt, and spend time with both sets of grandparents and Mara and Ricky as well as the Heads.

4. Conference was great.

5. There was a lot of good food.

Since we've been home, it's been business as usual. I had my hospital ultrasound and it went well. She's still a girl! It looks like I am definitely due later, like in September. I don't know if they will change my due date or not, but I'm going to plan on September either way. Any time the ultrasound tried to move me earlier, I ignored it because I went late anyway. Kenny's due date moved to a week later and he was still born 3 days after that, so we will see what happens. I might go crazy by then.

Speaking of which, it's Kenny's birthday today! I can't believe he's 6 already!

No comments:

Post a Comment