Wednesday, March 28, 2018

30, Baby Girl

The two big events for this week were definitely my birthday and our gender reveal ultrasound. First, my birthday.

James got home Friday night, and that was nice. I had a challenging time keeping my sanity after Wednesday, pretty much. Katie went nuts without her dad and acted out a ton. Sometimes I just don't know how to handle her, but James does, so I was at a loss for what to do when he was gone.

Saturday, I went shopping, and then we went to the Outdoor Expo. It was pretty fun to look around and get free info and candy. After lunch and presents, I napped while James took the kids fishing. They actually caught a few but only kept one.

Sunday, James stayed home with Joseph, who had thrown up the night before. Naturally, he never seemed sick again, but I always like to play it safe. James made me nachos for lunch with homemade chips, and they were delicious! For my birthday dinner, we had Cajun shrimp and sausage dumplings with banana cream cheesecake for dessert. They were delicious, but I didn't feel too well all day, so not as delicious as they could have been. I kind of broke down Sunday night because I'd just been feeling terrible and really anxious about Monday's ultrasound.

Everything went well with the ultrasound. The baby actually waved and was sucking on her thumb. Yes, we are having a girl! Everyone is totally thrilled. All the older kids really wanted a sister, and they got their wish. I of course really wanted another girl too, so it's perfect. We went out for Chinese food to celebrate.

Tuesday, I worked for several hours cleaning out and reorganizing kids' clothes since we know what the baby is. I have stuff sorted to give away, the stuff for her put away in the dresser, and a good place to store everything for now. I also picked out some of the oldest and crummiest pieces of clothing to use for a memory quilt. By the time this pregnancy is over, I will also have 10 or so T-shirts to add to that, so that's exciting.

Today has been laundry, packing, and cleaning for our trip tomorrow. It's spring break! Hurray!

No comments:

Post a Comment