Thursday, March 15, 2018

Ouray, Cookout, and Cleaning Out

James went to Roosevelt to play board games with a group on Friday, so we did movie night on Thursday with pizza. The kids really love that tradition, so I'm really glad we started it.

Saturday, we drove through the Ouray Wildlife Refuge, and it was awesome! We saw a bald eagle, prairie dogs, various other birds including waterfowl, and a porcupine in a tree. I didn't feel great and even took a nap in the car, but it was a nice drive. We came home, rested, and went to a mission farewell dinner. I like that they had it on a Saturday night. It bugs me when people are gone all the time on Sunday or skip church to do farewells. I have often in the past had to make up for those absent. I have a lot on my plate already!

Sunday was normal.

Monday, we did a cookout in Dry Fork canyon. I precooked the foil dinners, we had an FHE lesson, and Cherissa brought s'more burritos. They were delicious and a lot less messy than actual s'mores! Everything worked out great even though it took an hour to bathe away the smokiness and clean up everything when we got back. I wasn't happy about that part.

Tuesday, James took the kids out to fly a kite and to get some books from the library. I relaxed and made dinner. It was nice to have a bit of a break.

Wednesday, we just hung out and had some pie for Pi Day. I didn't make it this time because I was too tired.

The time change has been hard on everyone, but I think we have almost adjusted. It usually takes me a week. I've been more tired during the afternoon but have had insomnia at 3-5 am for a couple of days too. So frustrating.

We made a goal to not watch TV until 9 pm and for no video games. The result is that I started making a latch hook rug (a yarn one that I got for Christmas) and have been reading some books. It's been kind of nice. The yarn rug will take me 4x as long as a rag one, so something like 40 hours to finish, but at 1 square (100 knots) a day, or 30ish minutes, I will finish by the time school gets out for the summer. I've also cleaned out a few things, but the gender reveal is what will really make it possible. Maybe I am weird, but I have always loved organizing things.

No comments:

Post a Comment