Thursday, March 22, 2018

Good Week

Friday, we did movie night and James went to play games with his friends. We made hush puppies and chicken, something we don't normally too, so it was a nice treat. (I plan on getting rid of our fryer once the baby is born because it leaks a little and I want to be healthy! Being able to fry stuff easily isn't helpful at all!)

Saturday, James went to the gun show and then I took the boys out for their free Book-It pizzas and some free frosties that they earned. It was pretty fun to spend time with just them. I played the piano for a baptism at 4, and the rest of the day was pretty low-key until Lewis threw up right before bedtime. We did have corned beef and cabbage for St. Patrick's Day.

James stayed home from church with Lewis while I took everyone else. It works better that way with our callings too. Lewis seemed totally fine and no one else got sick, so I think it may have been a result of being spun around in the computer chair. Chairs that spin are the bane of my existence! They lead to lots of injuries, fighting, and general annoyance.

Monday, we watched a movie for FHE since we knew James would be gone Friday. 

Tuesday, I went and bought my new temple dress that zips in the front. I got sick of my old one being too tight across the chest all the time (whether nursing or pregnant) and having to ask for help to zip it up. The evening was rough because I hadn't been able to nap and was just tired and grouchy.

Wednesday, James left for a technology conference in Salt Lake, so we only saw him in the morning. We had a decent day, though. I cut up a bunch of scraps for quilt squares and another rug during the afternoon. The kids played outside for a while and played a board game. Our newish neighbors from across the street brought brownies, so we talked at the door for a while. I relaxed and watched TV after the kids were in bed. James isn't gone often, but when he is, I'm always cold. I turned up the heat so I'd be able to sleep. I know in a few weeks that won't be an issue because I'll start feeling hot all the time. I'm really dreading that!

Today I have a Relief Society dinner at 7. (Seriously, who eats that late? I'll have to eat before I go!) Our babysitter is coming, so it will be really nice to come home to everyone asleep. I plan on doing more crafty stuff to stay busy and not miss James or go crazy. He gets home tomorrow afternoon...night? I don't know. Either way, I've found that staying busy and productive is the way to go. It is nice to be feeling better for the time being. I know once the third trimester hits, it's going to be really hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment