Thursday, March 8, 2018

Better

I am feeling SO much better. Just yesterday I told James that I thought I actually felt happy for the first time in probably 3 months. What a huge difference it makes to wake up and feel normal. I still have sleep disturbances, but they aren't as bad as they were. I had a ton of really horrible nightmares during that first tri, something I've really never experienced before with pregnancy. I'm still having to be really careful about sciatic nerve pain. There's a very fine line between doing too much or not enough and ending up in pain.

I finished up all my sewing projects for now, so that feels pretty good. I've also got the gender reveal scheduled for the 26th! That's the part of my birthday that I'm most excited about. There will be some intense cleaning out of baby stuff when I find out which gender I'm never having again.

The Heads came to visit last week. We had dinner together Thursday here, then played games. Coup is a new favorite. Friday, I worked with Rex while the kids hung out with Grandma. They didn't have school because of the end of the tri. We all ate dinner out at 4 Brothers (pizza). Games again afterward.

I had to go to stake baptisms of Saturday, but I somehow got my birthday shopping in before that. I got a new pair of boots, some dishes, and a shirt. I'm really excited about all of them. They had to leave to avoid a snowstorm, so we spent the afternoon doing nothing in particular.

Sunday was normal.

Monday, we watched Coco for FHE. I took Katie in to get her stitches out, and she did a great job.

Tuesday, I had my OB appointment. We got some dinner and went to the library afterward.

Wednesday, James had to go to the dentist and get the belts tightened in the car. He was supposed to go to Orem for a root canal repair today, but he couldn't find a sub, so he rescheduled for May around the time his cousin gets married. I am glad I get to see him more today since yesterday was long.

Jonah has been over a lot recently (4 days this week) and Jill says it will be that way for at least the next few weeks. Thankfully it is warming up so they won't just watch TV all the time. Sometimes the dynamic gets thrown off and they all fight more than usual. Jonah also gets annoyed easily by Lewis because Jonah is the baby of his family. We will survive this. I am sad that the Smiths (Jonah's family) will be moving this summer. They have all been great friends.

Since I am feeling better, I am very anxious to do some spring cleaning/organizing projects. I wish I could get started today since I have the energy! I love that the snow is melting so fast and it's going to be 60 degrees in a few days. Life is actually good. Hopefully I don't jinx us by saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment