Thursday, October 11, 2018

6 Weeks

I can't believe I made it! I should say we, because Samantha has done lots of growing while I've been healing. I am so grateful that most days are pretty good. In a typical day, she takes 4 naps that range from 1 hour to 3 hours, and she's awake for about 1 1/2 hours (except before bedtime). She wakes up usually just once during the night, but bedtime varies greatly, anywhere from 8-10 p.m. She has fussy moments but is usually happy if she's been fed and isn't tired. Of course, both of those things take up a lot of my time - the feeding and trying to get her to sleep when she needs a little help. I am really grateful for the baby swing! It's a lifesaver! Things were simpler when I had just one baby, and I usually held him until he fell asleep. Now I can only really do that for bedtime because I have so much other necessary things to do to take care of everyone else. It somehow always works out, though, even though there are days where I feel like I'll never get it all done.

We watched General Conference all weekend. Needless to say, I am really grateful that we will only have 2 hours of church starting next year. I can't count how many times I prayed for my calling (Primary chorister) to get easier. Going to church has been a struggle for a long time because of having little kids who don't sit still. I get them ready by myself since James has meetings before church. I feel like this is an answer to my prayers on many levels. I will only teach singing time once now, and I won't have to feed Samantha every week during church. When she gets older, I won't have to at all! It was always impossible to make it through church before without a feeding (or even two) with my other babies, but now it will be much easier.

James stayed after on Monday, so we didn't see him much until almost 7 p.m. We watched Studio C for FHE.

Tuesday, I went to the dentist. It had been a rough morning, so I was actually excited to go. Sad, right? Haha.

Wednesday, I had parent-teacher conferences for Joseph and Kenny. Their teachers raved about them, as usual, which is always nice to hear. I'm really glad the boys love school so far.

Today, I had my 6-week postpartum check. I dropped the kids off at Claire's beforehand. Everything went ridiculously well. Samantha woke up to eat just in time to leave. The appointment was even shorter than expected, and I got a clean bill of health except for finishing up my iron supplement. I should be done taking it by the end of the year. Now, the two youngest are sleeping and I'll have a peaceful afternoon before going to the temple. Mara and Ricky are coming to visit this weekend. So exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment