Thursday, October 4, 2018

Bad Moments, Good Days

I have to remind myself that most days really aren't bad, at least not from start to finish. Yesterday was one of those. It started off fine and really was fine until 9 pm when Samantha got very cranky and wouldn't sleep. I tried everything, but she didn't go down until 11:30 pm. Considering that she's gone to bed around 9:30 for the past week, I wasn't happy. I even cried for the first time in about a week and a half. That's progress, though, right? Newborns make me feel like a bad mom sometimes just because of how unpredictable they are. My older kids have been on some sort of schedule for a long time now. Adding a new person in the mix is always hard.

We had practice for the Primary program on Saturday. It was really long but went well. I went shopping for a little while to get a few things that couldn't wait till this week. It was nice to get out of the house for a bit.

The program went exceptionally well on Sunday. The two-part songs sounded amazing, and the kids did their parts really well. We took up the perfect amount of time too. I'm so glad it's over because I've been stressing about it all year, literally. I got several compliments before I snuck out to go home and trade with James. It's our last week of fragmented church ever! Hurray!

James had parent-teacher conferences on Monday, so we didn't see him till almost bedtime. We had thought about meeting him somewhere, but we ended up staying home because I'd met my limit by then and Samantha was cranky.

Tuesday morning, I took the older three to the dentist. It went really well except for Lewis being a bit annoying to Samantha. She slept the whole time, and there was only one cavity among all three kids! I lost sleep over worrying about being on time, but I'm glad I chose morning. I saved probably 1.5 hours by combining all of them instead of trying to book separate afternoons.

Wednesday, Sis. Colton came to visit in the afternoon to see Samantha. She is my new VT/ministering companion. James took Joseph and Kenny to a matinee while I watched a princess movie with the younger three. Everything was fine until Samantha's bedtime, but I'm still alive.

Today I hope to rest a lot before going grocery shopping as soon as James get home from school. Maybe it's lame that it's my only "break" recently aside from going to the temple last week, but I don't care. It will do.

I'm still frustrated that my physical recovery isn't complete, but as I was praying this morning, I felt that it's more important to focus on my emotional/mental health and not stress so much about the rest of it. My physical health will follow in due time. I haven't been pushing myself too hard and definitely haven't done anything strenuous. I did have a baby last year too, though, and it's just harder to recover the 5th time. I can't just stop taking care of my other kids. In other words, the fact that I haven't recovered completely really isn't my fault, but it will  happen in due time. I'm still really hoping it does by next week when I go to my appointment!

No comments:

Post a Comment