Thursday, September 27, 2018

Even Better

As we  head toward the one-month mark, I feel extremely grateful to have survived yet another month with a newborn. And my last time! I'm not sure what makes it the hardest: the physical healing, the lack of a schedule at first, getting used to having another person around, or the crazy emotions that run through my head. I have come to realize that there can be many "bad" (or stressful) moments, but the days are usually good. Things of note this week:

I took the older three kids to the ward party at Remember the Maine on Friday. It was a huge success. They were happy to play with friends, we had good food, and I got to socialize.

Saturday day was only okay. It dragged on and Samantha was a little cranky. James did mosquito abatement all day so we didn't see much of him. That night, James took Katie to the Homecoming dance for 45 minutes or so. It's their third year, but Katie was just as excited.

Sunday, I went to Primary since we are practicing for the program (and I'm the chorister). It went pretty well even though I got kind of tired by the end.

First family outing: FHE at the park with Taco Bell. It was a success. We also went to the library. Samantha was calm and happy the whole time except for the drive there. It made up for a kind of rough day I had earlier. I got really emotional when James didn't come home for lunch (teacher day). It was my only time crying this week, though!

I went to the temple on Tues. afternoon, made dinner, and then James took the older three kids to Pack Meeting. They had a great time, so I'm glad they went. Next month, we will all be able to go!

Samantha is official! We got everything squared away with insurance and have received her SS card and birth certificate. It always makes me a little nervous to wait for them to show up in the mail. I think she's going through a growth spurt today because she is fussy, eating a lot, and not sleeping a lot.  Hopefully that doesn't mean a bad night coming.

James has his last day of mosquito abatement today! That means much more family time, and starting right around when Samantha can actually go out of the house. It can be really tough to stay away from crowds for 4-6 weeks, but I think it makes me appreciate it even more when we can all go out together. The crazy part is that the other night when we went to our FHE, our Yukon was completely full. I feel lucky that we've been able to have these 5 kids. I no longer feel disappointed that we won't ever have any more, and I'm glad for that.


No comments:

Post a Comment