Thursday, July 25, 2019

Staycation, Pioneer Day

The girls and I had a really fun staycation (mostly mermaid-themed). Some things we did:

library activity
reading mermaid books
mermaid art
playing Barbies
bubble bath
"oyster" cookies from Nilla wafers and chocolate pearls
dinner at Denny's
shopping
yard saling
sewing Barbie clothes
making/wearing mermaid shorts and a skirt

It was hard to sleep alone, and I ate way too much ice cream, but it was a fun time. Katie really needed the one-on-one time. She only had one small meltdown the entire time, which was great!

I didn't love Pioneer Day. I never love holidays that are just one day. I somehow forget that I don't really get holidays anyway, so when I have to do all my normal stuff, it feels a lot like drudgery. We tried going on a drive to get some wildlife pictures, but I got a little carsick on the dirt roads. The kids were also whiny and irritating, and at one point I really didn't know where we were. We kept trying to get back to the main road, but none of the shortcuts worked out, which was really frustrating and cost us extra time. Oh well. I got to sort of relax during the afternoon.

A couple things have been really frustrating the past week. All of them together have made me irritable. 1. The stupid duvet cover keeps bunching up, and it's too warm. James wanted to try one instead of a quilt. I hate it. I want my quilt back. In the mean time, my sleep has suffered. 2. One of my eyes is dry, which means I have to wear glasses. I do like glasses, but I like having the choice of contacts, and right now I don't. 3. Lewis and Katie constantly fighting ever since he came home.* 4. Samantha is teething and grouchy. She's also not very gentle with nursing, so she leaves tooth marks on me and IT HURTS. But it takes effort to teach her to use a cup, and I haven't done that yet. 5. It's freaking hot outside. Though that is normal for this time of year, I don't like feeling sticky all the time. 6. I still feel fat and gross, even though my weight has been very stable for the past few months. It just bugs me that not all my clothes fit well yet.

I'll make it, though. Right now I feel like I'm in a rut, but what I really need are some new goals since I have already finished most of my summer projects. August 1st in in 1 week, so I'm going to get there! One more week or being lazy and eating whatever I want. :)

*Joseph and Kenny stayed in Rexburg. We get them back on Saturday at reunion in Heber.

No comments:

Post a Comment