Thursday, July 4, 2019

Wedding, Baby Blessing, Anniversary, 4th

Everything went smoothly with the wedding on Friday. I don't know if I mentioned that James's cousin married my sister's best friend's sister from NC. It's a small world when you're a member of the Church. We hung out at Aunt Michelle's house before the luncheon, then checked into our Airbnb before the reception. It was a really nice place to stay, even though the AC wasn't working 100%. It was really clean and had an awesome view of Utah Lake.

The reception was really nice. I crashed afterward while James watched TV.

Saturday morning, we went to the Museum of Natural Curiosity in Lehi, then had lunch at a place called Slapfish. It was delicious! Mara, Ricky, and baby Emma were able to join us. Right after, we went to Cabela's, then to Mara's to swim and play in the splash pad. After that, we got some stuff at IKEA and had dinner there. Whew! We definitely crammed a little too much in one day. Lewis and Samantha were extra cranky by this time, but it did make bedtime a lot easier. Mara, Ricky, and Carmel came over to play a game. I loved getting to snuggle Emma since Samantha was already in bed. I never really got the chance with my other nieces because I either already had a baby or they lived far away at the time.

Sunday morning, we went to Mara's and took some pictures. We enjoyed a nice brunch, went to Emma's blessing, and then traveled home. It was mostly without incident, except that Katie threw up in the car. Ugh. We never had an issue with this until about 2 years ago, and now someone always gets sick. I hate it.

We got dinner and dessert for our 10th anniversary last night! I'm sad that our babysitter is going to be leaving soon for a job in another city. She has been really great.

The rest of the week has been spent catching up, mostly. The kids are starting to get bored of summer, and we're only halfway through. I still can't believe we've made it that far. No one can agree if they want to go to the parade or not, but we at least have a few small projects to keep us busy today.

Speaking of projects, I made my own doll dress pattern based on a dress of Katie's that we love. If it works out well, I'm going to post in on my new blog. I'm crossing my fingers, because it took a lot of math and measuring to try to figure it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment