Thursday, August 1, 2019

Belcher Reunion, Guns, Splash Park, Weaning

We spent Saturday in Heber for the Belcher reunion. It was pretty fun, but a tough day. It's always really hot by afternoon, and there's nowhere to sit and cool off. That means I leave feeling kind of crummy, though nothing like last year at 8 months pregnant! The kids really had fun getting candy, bidding on stuff in the auction, and playing in the sand. There is always really good food, too.

James met with people to sell one gun before and one after the reunion. It worked out great, and he was able to buy one better gun from the money he got (and then some).

Since it's the almost last week of summer, I took the kids to the splash park in Naples. They all loved it except for Lewis. He wouldn't get anywhere near the water! I thought he would have changed his mind since last year, but nope. Samantha even crawled out into the water for a little while.

I had a bit of a rough week without having quite enough to do. I decided to start working toward my weight goal and to complete two denim quilts. The quilts will be done by the time school starts, but I won't reach my weight goal for a while, the earliest by the end of this year.

I've just barely started weaning Samantha, and it's really tough so far. I can't tell if she hates the sippy cup or what's in it, but I am determined to get "my body" back. Breastfeeding is great, but I'm done with it after nearly 5 years. I want her weaned by the time she turns 1, so we are on track for that whether she likes it or not. The first few days are always rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment