Thursday, August 15, 2019

Better, Weaning, School, Dishwasher

I had a few days where I really felt yucky, but I'm almost all better now. Thank goodness! I can stand having a cold for a week, and it sure beats throwing up any day.

My other 4 kids were really easy to wean, but Samantha is giving me a run for my money. I have successfully gotten her down to 4 feedings a day, but she won't take much from a cup or bottle. I am determined, though, because I have NO desire to breastfeed any longer. 1 year is long enough, and this is my 5th year, so I deserve to be able to get back into shape and not worry about accessible clothes. Whether she likes it or not, I'm taking a 2-day trip at the beginning of September, and I am not taking her with me! Though I might sound optimistic here, the weaning process has caused me a lot of stress and worry so far. Aren't I supposed to be better at this by now? Apparently not.

James started school on Monday and the boys yesterday. I can't believe I'll have 3 in school in a week. Katie goes in for Kindergarten testing today and starts next Wednesday. The past few days have been a little rough. I don't know why I expected things to get so much easier when school started. So far, Katie has been really bored with  no one to play with, so she invents things to fight about with Lewis. Samantha, of course, has been a bit cranky due to the weaning process. Ugh. This will pass, but it's not very fun right now.

I thought I had fixed our dishwasher, which has been giving us trouble for a few weeks now, but I was wrong. The motor died, so we got a new one and will install it in our spare time. (Ha ha.) James still has to do mosquito abatement, so that will take up Friday/Saturday. We'll get it done, though. We have unfortunately done this before.


1 comment: