Thursday, June 18, 2020

Adventures, Appointments, Cancellations, and Traditions

I don't think I mentioned before that we're trying to do "adventures" on MWF. Last Friday, we went to a birthday party at the Boyles' house. We actually go every year, and it's always amazing: tons of food, water slides, and great company. I've really been trying to take one day at a time with social distancing, and since this was an outside party, it felt like a good idea. Things with Covid-19 are picking up in my county, though, so that makes me a little nervous. It's good that there are so many outdoor things available. We went on a hike in the Monument on Monday. It was called Desert Voices and ended up being much longer than expected, but still fun. I'm amazed at the beauty of where I live. It's completely different than where I grew up.

I had an appointment with the general surgeon, so I'm scheduled for surgery on July 9th. I have to get tested for Covid-19 first, about 10 days before, and I can't travel afterward. That means no trip to Rexburg for the 4th of July and no celebrating our anniversary. I'm really upset about that. I'm not sure when we'll be able to go. If I feel okay, mid-July. NC is going to take up the first 2 weeks of August. Assuming I don't get the stupid coronavirus beforehand, I'll be fully recovered the day before school starts for James.

I had an appointment with the eye doctor yesterday, and it looks like my prescription has changed a bit. Though I never had it before, I've got a little bit of astigmatism. I hope that minor change, combined with a different kind of lenses, will solve my problems with my right eye bugging me. (I've had to take a break from contacts a lately.) Just in case, I bought a pair of sunglasses that can go over regular glasses. I had no idea these existed before, but they're a genius idea!

We're trying to come up with some fun summer traditions, but it's hard. It feels like we can't plan anything (still) since it just might get cancelled. I know that social distancing is a small sacrifice, really, but sometimes I feel trapped even though I still have a lot of options.

No comments:

Post a Comment