Thursday, June 4, 2020

Rexburg Trip

We left on Saturday and had a pretty uneventful drive. We only took short stops since everything is still kind of closed, so we arrived by mid-afternoon. Joseph got a second birthday celebration with Hawaiian haystacks and chocolate peanut butter cake. I'll never say no to more cake and ice cream! (Though I prefer those two separate, that's another post on its own.)

Sunday was nice. It was a lot like doing Church at our house, but with more family. They used their Duplo table for the sacrament. :) We relaxed, ate, and played games for the rest of the day.

Monday, I went to book group with Melodie. Even though I hadn't read the book, it was fun to sit in the park and eat pizza. I don't remember the last time I hung out with anyone not related to me. I already knew most of the ladies since I used to be in their ward...like 8 years ago now!

We went to the Lees' for dinner and enjoyed hot dogs and s'mores, eating outside so we could still practice social distancing. (Go away Corona! I miss hugs!)

Tuesday, James and the older kids went up to Victor while the rest of us stayed here. I made bread and dinner: Hawaiian chicken (on the grill). It turned out really good, but everyone was late getting back from Victor and a neighbor stopped by, so it all got cold and we had dinner an hour late. Needless to say, I wasn't happy about that, but I'm over it now.

Wednesday, we got a little treat after lunch and made grilled pizza for dinner. James and I have a pretty good system going. We cranked out 5 pizzas and still got to see most of the movie.

I made bread again today and some peanut butter cookies for tomorrow, Grandpa's favorites. The plan for today is to visit Bear World with Grandma Lee. Tomorrow, we'll go up to the property and kayak.

I've been reading a lot and even had a few naps. I still can't get into exercising, even with a buddy, but I attempted it a few times this week. I'm not sure how things will be when we get home since we've had plenty of things to keep us busy the past few weeks. I really hope we can settle into a routine where can balance fun, work, and pure laziness. Boredom is my enemy right now, though. When left with nothing to do, I feel really negative about my life. We'll get through this. When we do, I'm going to hug everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment