Thursday, May 28, 2020

The Blomquists Visit

As I mentioned before, the Blomquists (Mara, Ricky, and Emma) arrived Saturday night. They are the first family members to visit us since February. We stayed up late talking and were all super tired on Sunday, but it was worth it. Sunday was a good day to rest and relax.

Monday, we went to McConkie Ranch to see the petroglyphs. I hadn't been in 8 years! It was fun to compare pictures from 8 years ago. I look a little older, but not much has changed. We hung out in the afternoon and then celebrated Mara's 25th birthday with grilled sausages, potatoes, grilled zucchini, and devil's food cake. After the kids went to bed, we played the new game Mara got, Robinson Crusoe. It's really involved the first time, but fun.

Tuesday, Ricky had homework, so we got a takeout lunch for a double date when he had a break. After dinner, Mara and I went to yoga, which was relaxing. We played another round of Robinson Crusoe but lost this time.

Wednesday, we hiked to Cassidy Crack and had a picnic lunch afterward at Josie Bassett's old cabin. I then made Joseph and Emma's cheesecake for today since it needed to chill. We made grilled pizza for dinner, bathed kids while the men went hunting, and finished the day with another round of Robinson Crusoe. I really like cooperative games since I'm not a very competitive person.

Today, we celebrate Joseph's 10th and Emma's 1st birthdays. Hers is today, and his is on the 30th. I can't believe I've been a mom for almost 10 years now. We're having fajitas for dinner (grilled, of course) and will then open presents and enjoy a chocolate peanut butter cheesecake. I can't wait! The other adults are out shooting right now, hence the blogging. It will be sad for everyone to leave after dinner today, but it's been a really fun visit. We will have just enough time to get ready for our trip to Rexburg on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment