Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Kenny's Baptism, Ice Cream Truck, Jones Hole, Mother's Day, Burned Out

(This is the quarantine, weeks 8 and 9. I am really tired of using that as my title because who knows how long this is going to drag on?!)

Though we weren't able to stick to the original plan with Kenny's baptism (inviting all the family), it was a really special experience. We got to the church in 2 trips since the big car was in the shop. Every family member got to participate in the program in multiple roles since it was just us, the bishop, and his wife, who is part of the Primary presidency. Kenny came up out of the water with a big smile on his face. I was really excited to be a witness with Joseph. I know we'll always remember this day. It was really special to sit in a little semicircle right next to the font.

The Primary presidency came around with an ice cream truck, and it was so fun to see everyone from a distance. They gave out ice cream bars to the kids and adults. The kids were so excited, they waited outside the whole time until it got to our house. I think we were the last stop because of where we live.

We took a trip to Jones Hole fish hatchery with a picnic lunch from Subway. The kids really loved it, and I even made a fun playlist for the drive.

Mother's Day was all right. I got some fun presents and tried to relax, but it was hard. I didn't do any dishes or change diapers, though.

James has still been using the grill a lot. I love trying new things, and grilled foods are usually a level up on deliciousness. I've been listening to a Great Courses class on grilling along with the photography one. I'm way behind on the assignments, but I'm keeping track so I can do them when I'm in the mood.

Everyone is sick of school, especially me. I'm trying to do the bare minimum to get us through next Friday, which is officially the last day!!! It's really hard to manage the burnout. Some things are completely back to normal, like grocery shopping. I can get everything without substitutions. Some are on the way, like yoga in person or going to the library (mask: mandatory). Spots for yoga are limited, though, so I have to remember to message the teacher beforehand, and I'm not always good at that. Though Utah is at "orange" for risk level, that still means no church, travel to NC, or playing with friends. James and I both have masks for the rare occasion we have to go inside a store.

I just want this to be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment