Thursday, May 21, 2020

Fossil Hunting, The End of School, Garden

James went fossil hunting with his friend Devin last Saturday. They found a lot of cool and interesting things. Devin came for dinner Sunday since his family was out of town. He's the first non-family member to be in our house since March.

I didn't take pictures this past week because I didn't feel like there was much going on. The kids did their last school assignments on Tuesday. Yesterday, we drove through the school parking lot to say goodbye to all the teachers and pick up the last of the kids' stuff. I made some bread for them, and they seemed happy about it.

I finished my class on grilling. I still need to do the assignments for the photography one, but I haven't been in the mood. I made my first solo grilled thing the other day: yellow squash. It was absolutely delicious. If you ever feel like you're tired of cooking, try getting a new appliance. Cooking familiar foods in a new way is really exciting.

Though the nursery didn't have as much to offer as normal, I got plenty of things to grow for our garden. I unfortunately killed the tomatoes by forgetting to water them. Oops. While I was at yoga, James fenced in the garden for me! That means we can plant today or tomorrow, as soon as I feel not so lazy. Sometimes, it's hard to want to be outside, but once I've been in the yard for a while, I feel pretty good.

Next up: the Blomquists are coming to visit! They arrive Saturday night, and I can hardly wait. Until then, we're going to party through the last official day of school (tomorrow) by stuffing our faces with all the delicious foods we can. We'll start off the day with some treat cereals and probably finish with a movie. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment