Thursday, April 30, 2020

The Quarantine, Weeks 6 and 7

I guess I forgot to write last week since not much has changed. The weather has been nice, so the kids have spent lots of time outside and in the sandbox. School is about the same.

Katie asked for a haircut. I've been suggesting one for a few years now, but she always said no. I'm really glad she let me cut it short. She likes to do her own hair, so less of it means less of a mess. Plus, it looks really cute and the bangs will catch up sooner.

We did an FHE outside with a tent that James's grandpa gave us. James pretended to be King Benjamin from the pirate ship while we listened. Maybe one day we'll use it for camping, but not anytime soon.

Vernal hosted a "cruisin' for Covid" thing on Friday where we decorated our car as a tank and "dragged Main" for some good deals on food. We decided on Sonic 1/2 price shakes. It was great until Samantha threw up since she tried to eat the styrofoam cup.

Myles and Skyla got married on Saturday! We participated via Zoom, and it was nice. I do wish we could have been there. The ceremony was short, sweet, and to the point.

I finally started listening to a gardening class on Great Courses. I have a goal to finish it and the photography class by the time the kids get out of school for the summer. I'm not as clueless about gardening as I thought, but I know absolutely nothing about photography. It's been really fun to learn. I've been working on family history while I have the time since I finished up my sewing projects. It sounds like a lot of things going on, but most of these are getting done in 15-30 minute chunks here and there while I'm not helping kids with school or while they're in bed.

We got new gutters yesterday, and James's car is in the shop getting some work done. Next up, the big car. Everything else has to wait until this is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment