Thursday, April 9, 2020

The Quarantine, Week 4

How has it been another week already?

Thankfully, we've got spring break, which is much needed after doing homeschool for 3 weeks. So far, we've had absolutely beautiful weather. We started our weekend by watching General Conference, which was great and very uplifting in this uncertain time. James took the kids for walks during most of the sessions, so I actually got to listen for part of the time.

Kenny turned 8 on Sunday, so we celebrated with a kitty litter cake, which tasted a lot better than it looked. (He insisted!)

Monday, we went on a hike up the canyon near our house. It was great to be outside, and I felt a lot better that day than I had all weekend. (Basically, I've been going back and forth between headaches and stomachaches due to all the stress of the situation. I am managing the best I can. Being outside in the sunshine has really helped.)

Tuesday, we worked in the yard for several hours raking after James aerated it. I'm still a bit sore from it!

Yesterday, I set foot in Walmart for the first time in a month. I wore a mask I made the day before. It wasn't crowded, and I was able to put my anxiety to rest about the shelves being empty. Only the baking aisle is looking bare right now, but I have more than enough for the next month, at least. I also did a pickup order from Lowe's. James spent the afternoon building a target holder and installing a gate. (Hopefully, we finish the fence this week!) I spent some time fertilizing the lawn and cleaning out the shed.

Today, we're doing another little hike, hopefully to find a slot canyon south of town. I'm looking forward to Easter coming up this weekend.

Though lots of things are still cancelled, I'm grateful for all the time I've gotten to spend with my family. I've even had time to read and work on sewing projects this week, too, which has helped my mind stay busy. That, I've found is the key to not feeling quite for anxious.

No comments:

Post a Comment