Thursday, April 16, 2020

The Quarantine, Week 5

We finished up spring break without too many problems. It was pretty nice to finish the fence and celebrate Easter. We did a little egg hunt with candy in the house and dyed eggs while Samantha was asleep. On Easter, we watched The Testaments movie and enjoyed a delicious meal of ham, deviled eggs, and cheesy potatoes.

Monday was our last day of spring break, so I finished a couple of books I'd been reading and worked on some projects. Since I'm out of sewing to do for now, I think I'll work on my family tree, even though the temple isn't open yet.

The weather has been cold and snowy/rainy this week, but we had just enough nice weather to go play tunnel soccer and get ice cream last night. It's crazy to think how long it's been since the kids set foot in a public place. I've only been inside Walmart 1 time in the last 8 weeks, which is totally crazy.

School is officially from home for the rest of the school year, so it doesn't look like things are going to change any time soon. I hope my overall anxiety can calm down a bit, but it seems like every time one thing gets better, somethings else happens that brings it back all over again. I'm still experiencing headaches and stomachaches, but they're not as constant as they were a few weeks ago. It probably helps that I'm able to shop normally through Walmart's Grocery Pickup, and they actually have stuff now. We also got a giant box of toilet paper from a local janitorial store since it's still hard to hunt down.

Though I really want things to go back to normal, I'm still trying to find the good in all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment