Thursday, December 24, 2020

Heads Visit, Christmas Break, Pt. 1

Well, I'm up way too early. I didn't do it on purpose, but I couldn't sleep past 4:30 for some reason and decided to quit trying at 5:30. Thankfully, I don't remember the last time I had such insomnia, and I have a lot of cooking to do, so I may as well get started after I finish updating this blog.

James's parents, Anna, and Joseph arrived last Thursday night after an eventful day. They were in a wreck on the way but were not injured. It did make them later than expected. We had pizza and opened presents together. Friday, Anna and Rex worked while Melodie and Joseph came over. During Samantha's nap, we put together an Oreo house (rather than gingerbread). It turned out cute and lasted till the next day or so before the kids destroyed it and ate it. I'm going to use the actual cookies as my crust for French silk pie.

Saturday, I had a Zoom meeting with my Schillemat cousins. It was really fun. Though not everyone comes, it's nice to see a pretty good group.

Monday, we went out to look at the Christmas star. With a telescope we recently got, we were able to see rings on Saturn and 4 of Jupiter's moons. So cool.

The kids had their last day of school on Tuesday. James worked from home that day since his school just barely reached outbreak status with 19 cases. We did a date in the cabin with yummy lunch, then played a game that he got for Christmas from his mom. He beat me again. Hmph. (7 Wonders Duels)

I'm only waiting on 2 packages now. One is really late, but it doesn't matter now since I bought something to replace it.

Lewis decided to be a stinker and hid a carton of ice cream in his room. Melodie had just bought it for me so I could make snowballs, but after an hour, it was completely melted. I stuck it back in the freezer to use for milkshakes and made "mudballs" instead by rolling burnt almond fudge ice cream in coconut and topping with cherries. I think they will taste divine. We are going to have a lot of delicious food.

Merry Christmas!


No comments:

Post a Comment