Thursday, January 14, 2021

James's Birthday, Projects

I really don't know what to think of 2021 so far. I wasn't optimistic enough to think that it would magically be better than 2020, and it definitely hasn't been. I wish I could just quit social media, but I can't look away.

We celebrated James for a couple of days. On Saturday, he brought home Burger King for dinner since he loves it. It's growing on me, I suppose. Sunday, we ate ice cream roll cake with fudge sauce and James opened his presents. Since I already gave him Starfarers, he opened just the smaller presents. One of them was a collage I made for him of pictures he's taken of nature in Vernal. It's now hanging in our living room, and I hope to add many to it in the years to come. On Monday, a former student (who happens to be in our ward) brought him a Mjolnir he'd welded. It looks awesome and is really heavy! On his actual birthday, James had Mutual, so we didn't really do anything.

I didn't find tons of projects after konmari-ing our house again. For now, I've finished all the sewing projects I can think of: a few masks, a rice bag, and some drawstring gift bags from this amazing metallic fabric I found at D.I. The drawing class is going all right but isn't always "fun", at least not yet.

I wish Lewis still napped because I don't really know what to do with him while Samantha is asleep.

James should be getting his first vaccine soon. It's stressful to think about how long it'll be before I get mine. It makes me feel like I'm not important, but really I'm just not "at risk" like someone who actually leaves the house and interacts with over 100 students every day. Many of them aren't old enough to get a vaccine at all. I am not angry at James, just frustrated at the long wait and inconsistency in everything. I wish there could be enough vaccines NOW for everyone who wants one.

I really miss my yoga class. My teacher opened her new studio and it seems like it's really fun. I also really miss eating in restaurants. By the time this crap is over, James and I will have a child old enough to babysit, so that's something. I know everyone else is pretty much feeling the same. I'm just tired of it all.



No comments:

Post a Comment