Thursday, January 28, 2021

New Favorite Show, Light at the End of the Tunnel

I've had several recommendations in the past to watch The Great British Baking Show (or Bake-Off, in the U.K.), but I never tried it until Monday. I usually can't stand reality TV, but this show is different. One huge difference is that the people are actually NICE to each other and not tearing each other down as they scramble for a giant cash prize. I always feel bad when they send people home. Obviously, I love baking, so that's the main reason I got sucked in. They make a lot of things I've never heard of.

For the first time since March last year, I actually feel like making an effort to eat healthier foods. James also got us a new alarm clock that works with gradual light to mimic sunrise. Maybe I've turned the corner on feeling gloomy. I suspect that the Covid numbers going down has a lot to do with it.

We're taking a short trip this weekend to Salt Lake. I've been a bit anxious about it since we haven't traveled since July. That wasn't the best trip, either, since I'd just had surgery and didn't feel great. I have a good feeling about it, though. We have an Air BnB and tickets to the zoo. It makes all the difference now that Samantha will wear a mask. I think it will be stressful, but a good escape.

No comments:

Post a Comment