Thursday, January 21, 2021

Anna's Visit, Frosting

James got his first Covid shot last Friday. I'm really happy, but I'm also jealous. I know that I can wait a few months, though. I wish things were more consistent among states so I'd know when I'd be getting mine.

Anna came last Friday around noon, and we had a wonderful time. She and James went fossil hunting a few times near our house and found some pretty cool stuff. We played many games together. Anna won her first game of Starfarers, so James made sure we had a rematch. We set up the cabin for her to stay in, and it worked out great. We were really sad to see her leave on Monday to get back to student teaching in Ogden.

I made baklava for the first time ever when she was here. It was delicious and eaten up within 2 days. I made a blueberry cake with a kind of frosting one of my FB friends recommended: a Swiss meringue buttercream. It was so delicious that I decided to explore more kinds of frosting. I have a list of 4 more types to try, and I look forward to it. I need to come up with more cakes to go with them.

Other than that, not too much is going on here. The snow is melting pretty quickly, but winter is barely halfway over. I really hope we get some more so the kids can go sledding.

No comments:

Post a Comment