Thursday, October 14, 2021

Better, Leaving for Rexburg

We had a pretty relaxing weekend. Well, I did because I went to a baby shower after spending the morning in the kitchen. James worked on winterizing the sprinkler system. It took a while since he was using his friend's air compressor. Basin Rental was all out of the big ones.

We had a pretty normal week. There were no big meltdowns, only a small one or two. I spent Wednesday getting ready for it and got pretty stressed out, as always. I hate that I do that. I tried to have some fun with the littlest kids by getting tacos for lunch, but they fought over the soda and spilled lettuce and cheese all over our clean dining room.

We left around 4:30 and made it to Rexburg just after 11 p.m. I don't want to do that again. I took over driving in Park City, so I had to drive in the city and then through some snow around Pocatello. It was not fun, but I got used to the night driving by the time the snow went away and was able to relax a little. (There were definitely some white knuckle moments before that.) Thank goodness we were never in any danger.

We've had a good day so far. I feel weirdly anxious still, but staying here is not the same as it's been for many years now. Someone lives in our old apartment, so we don't have as much space or our own bathroom. I got 12 trays of apples ready for dehydrating and will probably take apples home for applesauce next week. I also chopped a bunch of veggies for chicken pot pie. Everyone is at Bear World, so it's nice and quiet. Tonight, James is going to play DnD with his cousins in person after dinner together. Melodie and I are going to a Relief Society dinner that starts at 7. We'll see if I can hold off eating until then. Probably not. Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment