Thursday, October 21, 2021

Fall Break, Canning

We had a pretty good time during fall break in Rexburg. Thursday, we got lunch at Del Taco and dessert at Millhollow. The Relief Society progressive dinner that night was fun and delicious. I still know some of the people in the ward, so it was fun to catch up.

Friday, we went to Idaho Falls to go shopping at Costco, Big Deal, and Lowe's. We came back with stuff from all of them, but especially Costco. I got a new winter coat and some good gloves. We then got lunch at the taco truck down the road. It was delicious!

Saturday, we went to a thrift store in Rigby and found some treasures there as well. James, Rex, and the older kids went up to Victor to go kayaking. We watched a movie that night, but I fell asleep. Oops.

Sunday, we went to church and did dinner afterward. (I missed my 9:00 church since it doesn't mess with meal times!) We then went over to the Lees' in Rigby for dessert: apple pie and ice cream.

We played a couple of board games in there, but I can't remember exactly when: Turbo Cranium, 7 Wonders, and our newest expansion on Catan, called Traders and Barbarians. All were really fun.

Monday, we left in time to go to the Pocatello temple open house. The flower theme is absolutely beautiful, and I think the kids really enjoyed it too. We made it home around 7:15 after a long drive through some snow and fog.

I've been catching up on regular stuff like laundry, shopping, parent teacher conferences for the older kids, and checkups for the 2 younger kids, so I didn't do any canning until today. I've been dehydrating 5 trays of apples each day and should finish those up with another 10 trays and a batch of applesauce. (Melodie gave me a whole box, and I still have a drawer full in the fridge.) I just finished a a batch of spaghetti sauce with meat, my first time ever making it. I think it'll be especially yummy as pizza sauce since it has Italian sausage and mushrooms in it.

I broke my cardinal rules of happiness while I was in Rexburg. To have a good day, I need to work on some kind of creative project, spend an hour reading a book, and have a clean place to retreat to. Though I helped with the cooking some, I never took the time to get AWAY from everyone and read. I regret that. It made my days more difficult than they needed to be. I'll do it right next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment