Thursday, October 28, 2021

Katie's 8th Birthday, Halloween Festivities, Potty Training, More Sick

This week has been hard to deal with. Last Friday, James stayed home because he had a sore throat. He ended up not feeling too bad, but he found a broken pipe under the house and spent the day fixing that instead of relaxing.

Saturday morning, Lewis threw up. He felt completely fine by midmorning, thankfully. I made Katie's birthday cupcakes. She wanted white cake with purple frosting and candy pearls, so that's what she got. She loved opening her presents after breakfast and playing with them the rest of the day. We'd considered going to the corn maze, but it was too expensive, so we went to the Jensen Pumpkin Festival instead. It was really fun after a stressful, rainy day. The weather cleared up and wasn't too cold, and Lewis was feeling completely better by then. We had him mask up, even though the event was outside, and he never showed a sign of illness. Phew.

Sunday, James, Kenny, and I all had talks (Kenny in Primary). I think they went really well. People were very complimentary whether we deserved it or not.

Tuesday, James took Katie to see the Addams Family at the high school. I think they had a lot of fun.

We did our date on Wednesday and included some shopping in it. I got fabric so I can make everyone rice bags for Christmas. The 2 I've made for James and Katie have been extremely popular so far, and they're so easy to make. The highlight of my week was coming home to a dark house. The kids were dressed in Halloween costumes and dancing to "The Monster Mash."

Samantha has been using the toilet since Monday! I would be even more excited if she'd consistently poop in it. Her potty chart is all filled up, but she's only pooped in the toilet once and insists on having a diaper for other times. Sometimes, she insists on wearing a diaper but takes it off 10 minutes later to use the toilet. Actual accidents have been rare, but she insists on wearing new clothes after using the toilet, so she keeps running out and then complaining about it.

Samantha also woke up this morning (Thursday) having thrown up in her hair and on her bed, so it's more laundry for me. Though she can't keep anything down yet, she doesn't appear to feel too bad, and she smells a lot better after having a bath. I don't know what that means for potty training today, but I hope it doesn't ruin everything. I also hope she doesn't throw up in the car when we go get our grocery pickup order.

Now that I've written it down, I can see why I've been feeling stressed. This week really sucks. I absolutely hate dealing with body fluids, and I've had to clean up an abundance of them recently. Someone will need to stay home with Samantha instead of going to the Harry Potter Halloween activity at the library. I'm crossing my fingers that the sickness ends with her and very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment