Thursday, November 4, 2021

Tricks and Treats, Getting Better, Potty Training

Thursday, I took the kids to a Harry Potter library activity. It was kind of crowded, but we survived and came home with potions and wands.

Lewis played a horrible trick on me last Friday. I was just starting to cut up ingredients for salsa when I heard an awful buzzing/humming sound from the wall in the laundry room. It was even worse on the other side of the wall in the master bathroom. I called Dad, and he recommended turning off the water and electricity to see if it was either of those things. It wasn't, so I called the gas company to see if they had any answers.

It was toothbrushes. Lewis laughed at me once I figured that out and said he'd left them on in the bathroom on purpose. They don't look like electric toothbrushes; they only vibrate instead of spinning, so I couldn't see that they were on (and didn't think 2 electric toothbrushes could make such a horrible sound!). I wasn't too happy with Lewis. I wasted over an hour on that terrifying mystery. It didn't help that I'd already been in the crawl space adding insulation to where a pipe had broken a week earlier. UGH.

Despite that, I finished my salsa - the last of the tomatoes that Taylor gave me a month ago! I took the older 4 kids to the trunk or treat and let them go around twice. We didn't get too many trick or treaters on Saturday and none on Sunday, but I was fine with that. We had enough candy to eat through Sunday, and then it was gone. I consider that perfect. I really despise picking up candy wrappers, and the kids are a little grouchy the day after Halloween.

It was Samantha's turn to get sick. She threw up on Thursday and Friday morning. Katie threw up on Sunday night but was fine by the next day. I kept her home from school, which made it more convenient for her doctor's appointment (a well check). Kenny's been home all week with a bad cold. I'm so tired of this! Even with masks last year, he missed 12 days, Joseph 8, and Katie only 2. They are going to miss a lot more this year if this trend continues. We've only taken 1 day for vacation purposes. I'm glad that no one is falling behind, but it stresses me out and disrupts my regular schedule.

On the bright side, Samantha is fully potty trained both night and day! She would only pee in the toilet for a week before she decided she'd poop in it too. She uses the big toilet now and doesn't want M&M's all the time either, so I'm 99% sure it's going to stick. I got her an Elena of Avalor scepter, tiara, and underwear. I'm going to give the diapers away ASAP.

I really hope my family can return to full health. At least it's not Covid, and the older 3 should be able to get shots soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment