Thursday, November 25, 2021

Fakesgiving, Couch, Thanksgiving

Though I was still struggling with a cold, I successfully cooked turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and cranberry apple pie on Saturday. They were all delicious! I ran into the same problem I do every time: the turkey was still frozen on the bottom and didn't cook as quickly, so I ended up flipping it over and slightly overcooking the top. It was still really good, though, but I don't think I'll use a bag again. It makes the skin not crispy. We had our leftovers the next few days: turkey pot pie, turkey soup with dumplings, and taquitos, which were all delicious.

Sunday was the Primary program and my last emotional resilience class. The kids did a great job in the program. I'm sad the class is over. I think it's really helped me, and I made some new friends in the process.

On Monday, we bought a couch for the cabin! It's black leather and looks great. We can sit up to the table for games or lean back and relax to watch movies. It was a pretty good Black Friday deal. They delivered it on Tuesday, so I cleaned up the cabin while the kids played with the giant box. It delayed packing for the trip, but it was worth it.

We left for Rexburg yesterday and got here without incident. We stopped at the Layton Hills Mall for lunch and got peppermint chip milkshakes from Chick-fil-A. I hate to say it, but I think I like the KFC chicken sandwich better now. (I know, breaking tradition.) I definitely want to keep the milkshake tradition, though. I made cranberry apple pie once we got here and even finished in time for dinner. Nash came over for a while and then went to Sam and Jesse's to sleep.

It's Thanksgiving! So far, I've cut up a ton of potatoes for mashed potatoes and veggie chowder (for Angie's birthday, which we'll celebrate at dinner.) Later, I'm going to make her a chocolate cake. I'm thrilled to eat chocolate along with all the pies. :) I took an hour to read, which has made a huge difference in my day already. I feel pretty happy despite a really terrible night of sleep.

I was worried at how Samantha would do with the toilet, but she's been great so far. It should be an awesome day. Nash and Angie will be over soon, and then it will be time to eat!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment