Saturday, December 4, 2021

Thanksgiving Break, Heads Visit, Katie's Baptism

We did have an excellent Thanksgiving meal. Everything tasted amazing! The company was good too, and we got to see Sam and Jesse's family at dinner and for Angie's birthday celebration.

Friday, I went shopping with Anna and her cousin Hillary. We went to a lot of places, but I bought things at Barnes and Noble, Bath and Body Works, and Ross. We met up with Grandma Lee, Michelle, and Melodie for lunch. We had a little time at home to relax before going to the Lees' for a chili dinner. It was nice to leave the kids at home.

Saturday, the older kids and James went up to Victor to ice skate and briefly visit Grandma and Grandpa Head. I made soup and rolls for dinner, and everyone plus the Lees came over. I had a little time to read my book in the afternoon, which was really great.

Sunday, we watched church online and drove home. It was really smooth and uneventful, for which I'm really grateful.

Monday, the kids got their second shots. Hurray! We went out to Wendy's for dinner.

Wednesday, the Heads arrived right around bedtime. I worked with Rex on Thursday and Friday. I had plenty of time to read, prepare for the baptism, and relax, sort of. It was still kind of stressful, and I came home pretty tired by the end of the day. Melodie made dinner on Thursday. We got KFC on Friday after swimming in the hotel pool.

Nash arrived Friday night, and we got the living room ready for the baptism and prepped the food. I was pretty stressed by this point, but things worked out well.

We got to the church around 10 and got everything set up with programs, Zoom, etc. I think everyone could hear okay, and I tried to keep the camera so everyone could see. The program was the perfect length, and most importantly, I think everyone felt the Spirit. Katie was starting to tear up during the opening song.

We had lunch at our house afterward with the Heads, Boyles, Cherissa and Tayson, Nash, and Ishmael (since Ember and Becca had to be somewhere else.) I think everything turned out really well. I had plenty of help with both setup and cleanup. We had a good time hanging out with everyone.

Now that everyone's gone home, I'm feeling pretty tired. The plan for the rest of the day is to go on a date with James and watch Harry Potter 5. I wish the house would stay clean, but that's doubtful.

No comments:

Post a Comment