Thursday, December 16, 2021

Christmas Party, Wintry Days, Candy

Friday night, we were invited to the one and only Christmas party we went to this year, and it wasn't originally ours. (Our ward didn't do one, and neither did the high school). It was the Spanish branch, where Devin attends. It started late, but it was awesome. The food was a wonderful mix of Mexican and American comfort foods, and there was even a pinata at the end. We were there for 3 hours, but we didn't notice because it was so much fun.

It got really cold after the snowstorm last week, which dumped 7 inches. We've gotten another 2 since then. Joseph hasn't been thrilled about the shoveling, but he does earn money for it. I helped for a while with the original 7 inches because it took forever to get all of that off the driveway. I hate that everything is icy now. I need to get some salt so we can get the driveway and walkways completely clear.

This week, I made 3 batches of fudge and a big pan of caramels to give out to neighbors. I made Andes mint, rocky road, and peanut butter fudge. The rocky road got stirred a little too long, so it was ugly but still tastes good. James and I will deliver the goodies to our neighbors tonight. I hope I don't freeze.

I'm really looking forward to Christmas, but at the same time, I want it to be over. December comes with a lot of expectations. One thing I'm really glad I made last year is the Advent calendar. Really, it's the easiest way to do scriptures during the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment