Thursday, November 18, 2021

A Cold, More Car Stuff, Traditions

We had a pretty busy Saturday. In the morning, we took the kids to the dollar store because they had some money they wanted to spend. We also redeemed some Book It coupons. Unfortunately, Joseph ate too much of the junk food he bought and threw up later that night. It was during game night, but he cleaned up most of it and stayed home from church the next day even though he technically wasn't sick.

Sunday night, I started getting a sore throat after my class. It came on very suddenly and hurt a lot. Joseph, Kenny, Lewis, Samantha and I all have that same cold, and it's not the same one that the kids missed a bunch of school for a few weeks ago. I really need my family to be healthy for Thanksgiving! We had so few illnesses in 2020, and it was awesome. Now it seems that we're making up for it by getting sick one after another, then starting over with something new. I'm getting pretty fed up with it. I think since early September, someone has always been at least mildly ill.

Since Joseph was home on Monday, I took James's car to Walmart to get a new blinker bulb, then switched cars and got the winter tires put on. It took forever, and I ended up being at Walmart for over 3 hours. Good thing I had a book with me! Still, the waiting room was freezing, and I didn't have any shopping to do. Unfortunately, wandering around didn't help me come up with any ideas for Christmas presents either.

I struggle with Thanksgiving. I like traditions that stay around for a long time, but things always change after a while. The only thing that hasn't changed, really, is the food. No one in James's family cares about making turkey pot pie, so I'm going to cook a turkey dinner this Sunday so I can keep that tradition for my own family. It doesn't work out in Idaho because we already have plans for the day after Thanksgiving. I'm completely happy to eat turkey all week, and I'll have a chance to try out a cranberry apple pie recipe that I've been looking forward to all year.

No comments:

Post a Comment