Thursday, November 11, 2021

Shots, Time Change

Saturday morning was frustrating. I took James's car in for a new battery, but the people at Walmart didn't believe me at first that it needed one. Batteries only last 2-3 years since we have a harsh climate and no garage. They said the battery was okay, but I told them to change it anyway. This isn't the first time I've had to insist on a new battery. It solved all the car's problems, though, so I know I made the right choice. I just don't like to argue with people when I already know I'm right.

We played DnD on Saturday night, and it was really fun. I've figured out how much caffeine I can tolerate to keep me alert, but not awake too late. It's half of a soda. I've never been able to finish a whole 12 oz. anyway. It was really nice of Devin to find Cheerwine (a cherry soda from NC). I gave him the rest of Samantha's diapers.

Monday, we were able to get Covid shots in a drive-through clinic. I stressed a lot about it beforehand, worrying that it would take forever or that they'd run out. We were there for 50 minutes total, but I'm glad because it means there were lots of kids getting their shots. Joseph, Kenny, and Katie got their first shot and James and I got booster shots. Aside from sore arms and some swelling and redness, we've haven't had any other symptoms. We treated the kids to Denny's afterward, and it was pretty fun.

The time change has been tough. I keep thinking I'm used to it, but then I start feeling sad when it's dark so early and grumpy when I get up, even if I get enough sleep. It usually takes me a week, so we're getting there! For some reason, Lewis and Samantha have had extra energy during the day and have been driving me absolutely crazy. 

James and I have been looking for the perfect couch/settee for the cabin, but no luck yet. We were considering a sleeper, but no one has one. Everything is so expensive, too. I definitely want to love something before I pay hundreds of dollars for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment