Thursday, March 17, 2022

IKEA, UCET

Thursday night, we went on  date to see Mamma Mia! The high school did a pretty good job. I love ABBA's music.

We went to a YW dinner/auction on Friday night. It was pretty fun, even though we didn't end up winning anything. Saturday, I watched Women's Conference in the cabin since I was feeling a little crummy. (Thanks, PMS.) We hosted game night, and I was feeling a lot better by then.

I'd been checking online to see what IKEA had in stock for bookcases. I'm glad I did, but I also caused myself a ton of stress because they didn't have a lot of bookcases left. I favorited 21 different bookcases, most of which were out of stock. By the time James got to IKEA on Monday night, there were 3 left of one particular bookcase. He bought 2 of them, and someone else bought the other before the store closed that night. IKEA has not yet restocked anything else that would be the right size for the space we're dealing with.

If that's not a tender mercy, I don't know what is. I saw the inventory go down quickly over the week, especially on Saturday, but no one bought any bookcases on Sunday or Monday until James got there. I had a couple of backup ideas in mind, but I'm so glad I didn't have to use them. IKEA has never let me down. Their stuff is cheap and pretty sturdy, even when it's not made of solid wood. The bookcases we ended up getting were not the first ones I thought I'd want, but James said they looked sturdier and better than the others on my list. He also came home with 3 bar stools that look like cute chairs, a gaming chair, a nightstand, and a shelving unit, plus a few odds and ends. Between last night and this morning, I've put everything together except for the bookcases. (That's a 2-person job!) I'm absolutely thrilled that it worked out so well. We're planning on putting the bookcases together as our "date" today, which means I get to spend tomorrow organizing the library. This is my early birthday present. :)

The main reason James went to Salt Lake (well, Draper and Provo, really) was for UCET, an educational technology conference. He left Monday right after school and went to IKEA, then to the hotel. Tuesday, he was at the conference all day and ate dinner with his cousin Cort. Wednesday, he came home after the conference was over. Things went all right here. Tuesday was the hardest day due to the time change. Joseph also stayed home from school and was coughing a lot, which really got on my nerves. I think we've caught up on sleep now. He and Kenny are home today, which has been a huge help. They entertained the littles while I put stuff together. Their slight illness ended up being a blessing in disguise.

No comments:

Post a Comment