Thursday, March 31, 2022

My 34th Birthday, Projects

I had a good birthday. On Thursday, James and I got some sliders at Arby's and then went to Coldstone for ice cream. We hadn't been there in forever! Friday, I met James for some sushi in his classroom. I had to run some errands afterward, but everything worked out well. I made chocolate pound cake, which we enjoyed after dinner. The Relief Society activity was fun. I passed on the cake and ice cream since I already had some at home and liked mine better. ;)

Saturday, I attended a baby shower for my old neighbor on Zoom. It was pretty fun, and I even won one of the games. Unfortunately, that gift card went toward supplies for fixing our water heater, which either has a burned out element or broken thermostat. It's limping along, though, as long as I'm okay with about 7 minutes of hot water for a shower. We plan to work on it Saturday afternoon during Conference and replace both elements and thermostats.

When I realized it was broken, I put that stress into cleaning some random stuff that needed it. I organized the laundry room shelves and the shed. That wasn't enough, so I deep cleaned the girls' room and went through all the clothes of the youngest 3 kids. I ended up with several bags of trash and a big bag of clothes for D.I. I already donated them, took the littles to the library, and got some killer deals at the grocery store so I won't have to shop again until after spring break. Lewis and Samantha are getting easier to take places, and I'm really grateful for that.

James and Joseph went to the temple really early on Wednesday. I'm really grateful to have a temple so close, even though I didn't sleep well that night.

James and I went shopping last night for Kenny's birthday, which is next Tuesday. Mission accomplished! Our real date is today, so we're going to see a movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment