Thursday, April 7, 2022

Water Heater, Conference, Kenny's 10th Birthday

We ended up fixing the water heater last Friday. It went pretty well. The part that took forever was getting it to drain, which didn't really start happening until James pulled out the top element. He successfully replaced the top element and thermostat and the bottom element, which is what was broken. We could tell by looking at; it was so corroded and nasty. We saved the other thermostat for later because it doesn't quite match.

Conference was good. After the second session on Saturday, we met up with the Boyles at the park and had some dinner. Sunday morning, we invited Katie, Samantha, and Amy over to watch and eat lunch. It was really fun! I appreciated the messages about peace.

Monday night, Kenny was sick, so he missed school on Tuesday, his birthday. Luckily, he started feeling much better and has made a full recovery without passing it on to anyone. I think he really liked his presents. I still haven't found a cake that he really loves, though.

I signed Lewis up for Kindergarten yesterday. So weird.

James and Kenny leave for Rexburg after school. Yes, it's a lot of driving for a weekend, but I didn't feel good about extending my trip since I leave for NC on Tuesday. James will leave Kenny in Rexburg and come back for Sunday night and Monday. It's going to be a busy few weeks, and I'm excited for the trip, but I know I'll be glad to be home afterward. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment